Saturday, January 8, 2011

A New Year = A New Kitchen!

We've lived in this house 5 1/2 years and it's astounding to me just how much stuff we accumulate.  I always say that if you want to get rid of stuff, pretend like you're going to move.  And getting ready for a renovation is just like moving -- EVERYTHING has to be packed up!  As we put the kitchen back together, I intend to simplify -- one of my New Years resolutions -- yet I can't throw much out yet until I know how I will work in my new kitchen.  Sound like procrastination?  Shhh...  don't tell me.

The new kitchen.  Oh what a lovely sound those three words make in my heart!  I can't wait.  I'm scared.  I'm excited.  I'm overwhelmed.  I'm hoping I've made good design decisions.

In the coming days, I'm going to post some pictures of the before and after layouts and some beginning pictures of the demolition.  I would love any thoughts you have.  Sound fun?  I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment