Monday, February 15, 2010

Play Mailbox


For months I've been asking (ahem... yes, that would be nagging) my sweet husband to build our son a mailbox.  Our son outgrew his awesome Little Tikes Garden with the little mailbox that he loved so much and I knew he'd love a bigger one.

Well this one is probably more than I meant, but it was easy and inexpensive to do.  It's just a regular, plastic mailbox on a post with a base nailed on and then painted white.

Our son LOVES it.  He's already stuffed his favorite bear and cars in it and, of course, played mailman.

Now I intend to make him a mail carrier bag and maybe a mailbox (drop box) and he can really get in to his pretending.  Sometimes it's a lot of fun being a parent!

Please drop me a quick comment and let me know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! Seriously awesome! I am a huge fan of having a mailbox for the kiddos. It is so much fun to leave random things in them for the kiddos. Plus, the amount of play they come up with involving having a mailbox is awesome. We have had many versions of mailboxes here and we always will have at least one! Good job on the nagging, it was totally worth it!
    Rebecca of the R&W Gals

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Really love it. My children would love it too.

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! May need to make one for the girls cubby house. With regards to the light globe I believe I bought the smallest box. I think as long as you evenly wrap the lights around it shouldn't matter. Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete