Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fabric Basket

A shout out to The Sometimes Crafter for the nice, easy to follow (especially given my novice status as a sewer) tutorial for a Fabric Basket.

If I was able to sew with any consistency, it would have looked better, but I'm pleased nonetheless. So check it out and give a try! This is a nice project to use up scraps and fat quarters.

Review?  I will be making more of these.  They'll be nice to store some of my craft materials.  I may even try making some to use for my son's toys.  I especially like how quickly I was able to get one done.

Things I learned:  1) You really *do* need a good cutting surface.  2) Don't give up -- finish it, you still may love it.

3 comments:

  1. This looks great, thanks for the link. I've just started sewing again and could do some of these for my scraps etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty and cheerful! ...makes me so happy that I stopped by! I hope to see you at my place one day this week when you get a moment. until later...

    ReplyDelete