Monday, January 25, 2010

Curtains!

Okay... Okay..  I know it's a mundane thing to post for Metamorphosis Monday, but I just have to!

You see, it has only taken me nearly 5 years to accomplish the oh so small feat of selecting curtains. And what a difference it makes to the room -- it transforms the feeling of it entirely and makes it much more cozy.  I wish I could have found curtains I didn't hate years ago.  Or I wish I could bravely mistreat my windows like the Nester.

And I got to tell you something.  I hate ironing.  The room has 4 windows and that meant 8 panels to iron.  Bleah.

So what do you think?  Any ideas for an affordable area rug for me that will allow me to play with whatever color I want in the room (hint:  see that photo on the wall)? And what the heck were the house designers thinking in 1968?  Who puts a heating vent under a window where it could potentially be behind curtains?!
























Happy Monday Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. This is so not mundane...I need new curtains myself and love the inspiration! I would definitely check out IKEA for an affordable rug! Good Luck with the rest of the room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I could shop at IKEA! I live in Western New York and believe it or not, the closest IKEA is Toronto!!! Thank you for the nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, don't think mundane - this is fun! Your curtains look so nice!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete